Snowstorms are a very rare occurrence for us here in Tokyo. I am definitely not complaining, but I enjoy some nice wintery weather once in a great while, so we've got to get out enjoy their fleeting beauty while we can! I decided to take my camera to Nezu Shrine this morning before heading in to the office to capture some of the scenery. Enjoy!
|根津神社 / Nezu Shrine|
Happy New Year! 明けましておめでとうございます (Akemashite Omedetō Gozaimasu)!
This year the wife and I are enjoying a nice, quiet celebration of New Year (お正月 / O-shōgatsu):
- Ate sushi
- Watched the NHK Red and White Singing Competition (NHK紅白歌合戦 / NHK Kōhaku Utaga-sen)
- Ate New Year’s Eve soba noodles (年越しそば / Toshikosi Soba)
- Went to Nezu Shrine for the first shrine visit of the year (初詣 / Hatsumoude)
- Took a bath and went to bed
- As I write this, my wife is making a traditional New Year soup containing a light broth, chicken, shrimp and mochi called Ozōni (お雑煮).
We’re pretty tired after an exhausting week of spending Christmas in America coupled with nearly 40 hours of travel, so we wanted to have a quiet and relaxing New Year, and that’s exactly what we’re doing!
Happy New Year everyone!